Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Getting Back to Work

I've been taking a bit of a break from sewing as well as blogging and am discovering that it's hard to get rolling again. eeek. But I have done a bit of sewing on my Love Anna Williams-style quilt.


Slooow progress. I've not just been bad about my own blog, I'm way behind in reading too....

I've had her blog in my links on the sidebar, but I'm not sure I've ever directed you to Sujata Shah's blog called The Root Connection. Sujata is currently in India and I'm eagerly awaiting her stories and photos upon her return. I adore her work, very scrappy and imprecise (at times) and colorful and occasionally harkening back to utility quilts. She's only been blogging since January, so it's easy to catch up with her, but these are some of my favorites here, here, and here. And a string quilt here.

Another blog I am loving right now is Victoria's The Silly Boo Dilly. She's been doing some large stitch hand quilting (sometimes mixed with machine quilting) on shot cottons that just leave me drooling. Check out her Work Quilt series. This quilt is my favorite.

Sorry about the title in my last blog post. I'm the one who's been missing from blogging. Lily, as well as the other kitties, is just fine. Here's an even closer-close-up of the Lilster:

17 comments:

Laurie said...

I LOVE the LOVE quilt...I'm so original but it looks great and is a nice rest to look at when I'm frustrated with the preciseness of my current quilt.

Brenda said...

its looking great. I know what you mean about getting back into it, but sometimes breaks are good too.

Sharon said...

Your site is looking really good, I like the white background, very clean looking and your colorful patchwork looks great against it. It's hard to keep up with everything all the time. ;-)

Kath said...

I'm off to visit Sujata's now, nothing like a bit of happy Blog hopping!

Loris said...

Feline perfection!
The shot cotton is nice too :-)

laura said...

I only have 2 cats, and have to keep doing a head-count! Love the new quilt and Silly Boo Dilly is a great BLOG. Her stuff is so simple looking but has such a great quality. I only hand-quilted for a short time years ago, and I truly envy those who do it well.

WHATUPDUCK said...

LOVE the love quilt! And, your beautiful cat pic, wow, nice shot! Just found your blog and I'll be a visitor for sure! Stop by my blog later this week for a Kaffe Fassett giveaway!

Kim said...

I just spent a few hours looking through The Silly BooDilly blog........she is an amazing artist! Thanks for sharing that site Tonya.....I never tire of looking at beautiful quilts and reading what inspires others.

Happy Sewing

AnnieO said...

The love quilt is looking good! The color mix draws you in to each block.

Oh dear. Not blogging and not sewing--That's a bad rut to fall into!

Carla said...

Tonya, I love your LOVE quilt...and the new "look" for your blog. Great job! I'm going to go check out your blog suggestions. Thanks!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Gorgeous kitty picture!

I'm finally attempting your free pieced letters. (http://janeweston.blogspot.com/2010/04/wonky-words-and-never-ending-fabricor.html) if you want to have a look. I'm not sure if I'm going about it in the right way as I'm relying on my graph paper drawings to guide me...but I'm having fun!

Also, I don't think I expected the letters to be so big! My finished phrase is going to be mammoth!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

the love blocks sure do look good! I love the root connection too. I love seeing what stitching is happening around the world!

Unknown said...

Great photo of Lily!!! Your new camera is a keeper!

Rosalyn Manesse said...

The love blocks are coming along. It takes thought to put something like that together

Chris Daly said...

I really enjoyed the links you posted. Amazing work, wonderful stitches. So many wonderful things to see on the internet.

Victoria said...

beautiful work, beautiful cat, thank you! xo

holly k said...

I love the photo of your cat! It's beautiful!!! :) gorgeous eyes...goes well with the light pink nose!