Friday, February 27, 2009

Playing with Lily

Thank you, Lynda, for the colorful name block. I love your a in particular. Thank you, Kristin, for your name and the fun orphan blocks. woohoo.

I made this little video so that my husband could see Lily in action. Lily and I often play together this way - I jab my finger at her and she attacks. I think my husband is convinced I'm going to poke her eye out one of these days - he worries too much.


I've got a couple of quilting blogs for you to check out. 

First, I love all the bright color and liberation going on over at Bebe's Boutique. Whee, and now she's making letters too.

Rachael Adele at Park Avenue Sweatshop is making wonderful scrap quilts that have a bright, fresh sensibility. 

On a complete change of topic... So not happy with how Top Chef turned out. Haven't watched the finale of Season 5 yet? Stop reading. I'll talk about Hell's Kitchen first (spoilers there too), and then back to Top Chef.

The right person definitely got sent home this week. Good riddance to Seth. eeuw, same towel to rub your face and the pan. Lacey did so much better this week (or at the very least she wasn't constantly getting yelled at).  I hope she gets a fresh start on the Blue Team. But was that Robert making a rude remark about Lacey's weight? Hello, Kettle, this is Pot calling. Jerk, he lost any sympathy I had for him.

Oh, Carla. This was supposed to be the best meal you ever turned out. YOU, not your sous chef. Sigh. Oh yes, I'll try this new technique I'm unfamiliar with. Gah! What a disappointment. And Hosea wins? Did he win a single challenge? I can't remember one. He always seemed just good enough to get by, never really terrible. Have to say, I'd prefer to see the judges pick a winning meal BUT choose the Top Chef by their work throughout the competition. I'd even graciously see Stefan win that. But Hosea? Bleck.

15 comments:

Rachael Adele said...

Thanks for the blog love! Now I need to get you a "Rachael Adele" block-- soon, I promise!

sewprimitive karen said...

Oh precious Lily!

Anonymous said...

Hey we love Hosea here in Boulder. He makes great food and is a nice guy. Dave and I sat next to him at brunch last week.

Beena said...

I'd have been much happier to see either Carla or Stefan win, over Hosea. Hosea just seems to have had the least amount of experience of the top three finalists. Carla took a risk listening to her sous chef and trying something new. And Stefan could've chosen to play it safe, but also took a risk by making a dessert. As far as I can tell, Hosea may have won by playing it safe...but it doesn't inspire my confidence in him as a chef who will evolve into culinary greatness...in spite of being named Top Chef ! The difference between being really good and true greatness is often those risks that were taken along the way. But what can I tell you? I'm not big on mediocrity!

It's great you recommend some other very cool blogs, but I love YOUR blog! And love your cats, too!

Kristin L said...

I was bummed Carla didn't win too, but Hosea's whole meal looked like it was fabulous. I heard Carla on NPR yesterday and she sounded great and said business post Top Chef has boomed. So, it's all good. :-)

Karen said...

Lily is so beautiful! My sister is a cat lover and has a blog (www.toomanytails.blogspot.com) of her cats. Lots of great pictures.

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

Top chef? didn't know you were into that show too! I love to cook, but can't watch those shows, whats with that guy anyway on Hell's Kitchen. I actually live in Hell's Kitchen(name of my hood in NYC), we're not angry like that crazy guy... eeek!

Anywho. off to watch season one of 30 Rock...

Pat said...

Cute kitty video and I thought you were quite gentle with her, so hubby is worrying WAY too much!!! :)

Julia Wood said...

I KNOW! What was Carla thinking???? I wanted her to win, but she certainly didn't deserve to after using someone else's bad ideas!

Lynda said...

Glad you liked my name, although I'm still slightly concerned that it's a bit big - and Kristin's name being nice and small didn't make me feel any better about it! Oh well, I'm sure you'll be be able to make it fit in with the others.

Cher said...

enjoying the name blocks and links.
we were so rooting for Carla, and knew when she agreed with the sous chef it was a major mistake. we have started watching dollhouse.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Cute video...just as enjoyable as seeing the pictures ;o)

Tina Craig said...

I'm totally with you on Top Chef. I was rooting for Carla and so disappointed for her. I was sad to see Fabio go when he did. He was good TV! I think you're right that the winner should be chosen based on all their work.

Mary Lou Weidman said...

I love reading your blog and many of your blocks look like the ones I have piles of and no time to put together....what to do?
Your attitude and fun here always make me smile...
keep up the great work,
Mary Lou Weidman

Kim said...

Lily is my granddaughters name!

Love your blog and your creative thinking.....it always gets me to approach quilting in a new way . WWTD?????

I still think you should be doing books......you have so many great ideas.

Happy Sewing,
Kim