Wednesday, March 14, 2007

A Long Weekend

A 9 March pic of Lily. She does so love to get right up there on the cutting table, which is so not good. Haven't cut her or anything bad like that, she just slows the process down as I have to shoo her out of the way. I don't shoo flies, I shoo kitties. Anyone ever seen a Shoo Kitty block?

A good friend arrives tomorrow for a long weekend. We don't have much planned, just relaxation, a walk on the beach, a walk to Starbucks and some good food. I'm leaving all of my sewing stuff in the usual disarray but I WILL clean before she gets here.

And before anyone says, "She's coming to see you, not the house, you don't need to clean,"this is what I need to beg of ya'all: never ever tell me not to clean. That is my natural inclination, believe me. I use friends' visits as motivation to get done what NEEDS to be done. So if you are ever coming to visit, never say "oh, you don't need to clean." Please, please say "get cleaning." Ya'all don't want me to get buried beneath the cat hair do you?

By the way, have been getting quilting done on Fruit Punch. Didn't take long for me to give up on quilting in 1/16" from the edge of the letter. I've done that before on my letters using a bigger needle and perle cotton, but I want to use quilting thread. So I've switched to orange (red was too visible on the yellow) and am now quilting in ditches. I want the letters to really stand out, not the quilting.

If you haven't already checked out this month's edition of The Bent Needle, I highly recommend you do so, since the topic is scraps. Right down my crumby alley...

I'm outta here. Won't be logging in til next week sometime. Ya'all take care.

10 comments:

Kairle Oaks said...

Yes, I just shooed by kitty, Mia, off of my pile of fabric. She's also facinated with the sound that my rotary cutter makes as it moves through the fabric. I have to watch her little paws!
Kairle

Elaine Adair said...

Regarding cleaning? Yep, I feel exactly the same way. Gotta have company every few months to get the dust off the fans, top of the refrig but only if they are tall!

Have fun with your friend! I always enjoy your posts.

quiltpixie said...

well I hope you got cleaning when you stopped blogging, and are all ready for your company ;-)

Dona said...

Enjoy your friends visit. Yep, I have to shoo Roscoe off the cutting table all the time. It's his favorite place to look out the window at the world.

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Lots of yummy purchases in the last week!Can't wait to see the quilts.
I would be cleaning as well, some things you just have to do! cheers, Tracey

YankeeQuilter said...

Brownie is jealous of any time I spend cutting fabric. Because of her I have switched to the rotary cutters that lock! Have fun and eat lots of good food. Talk with you next week!

Judy said...

Everything looks fabulous! The new fabrics are gorgeous and so's Pokey and Lily! Cats people have to clean or otherwise the hair gets everywhere...and I mean everywhere!

have a good time!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh she is so gorgeous. I think Lily is my favorite! She is so lady like!

QuiltNut Creations said...

i have a *helper* that does the same thing lol. beautiful kitty

Lois R. said...

When you design the Shoo Kitty block, send the pattern to me. I have a real problem with that here!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Fruit Punch without a border! Perfect!

I'm with you on the cleaning. That's the only time it gets done well around here, when company is on it's way.