Monday, April 17, 2006

Space 4 Rent

Here it is at last: Space 4 Rent

It finished up to 31" by 35.5" It looks so small to me - can barely see any of the details.

I asked my husband how he liked it. He says "It's not egregious." He doesn't like the wild busy stuff. He admitted he doesn't care for "Terms of Endearment" at all - that one IS egregious. Ah well - there's a reason I don't ask for his opinion as I'm making them.

I'm pretty boring these days. Happy, working on gift bags and chores, but boring. Sweetie and I watched a Season 3 Columbo last night. It was one I didn't remember at all - a rarity as well as a treat.

Speaking of letters on quilts (which I wasn't, but the quilt above does have them...), check out J's Quilting Blog. Joyce has made a really fun "Java Jitters" quilt (you should be able to relate, Darcie). She's currently playing around with an improvisational quilt with letters and stars - go give her some encouragement.

10 comments:

Joyce said...

I love Space for Rent. The busy fabric just adds to the fun. The problem with asking advice (and my husband and all 4 children are artists) is that you get different valid advice from each one. You still have to go your own way.
Joyce

Shellie said...

Tonya, I've loved taking a peek at each block of Space 4 Rent as you've posted them. The finished quilt looks fabulous!

Darcie said...

"Space 4 Rent" is a finished finish!!! Good for you! Will you be able to have all of your quilt *out* and not in storage at your next residence?

I loved the latest "cat house," by the way. Too cute!

I'm saving J's blog to look at when I've got more time. Looks fun!

Judy said...

I really like it! Looking at all the little houses along the way I really didn't know what to expect, but I didn't expect black...and I LOVE it! The black makes all the colors pop and sing. It's perfect!*VBG* Great job! I'l pop in on Joyce too and check out her quilt.

Excellent job!
Judy

Laura said...

I love, love, love it!!! It was worth the wait. It is such a fun looking quilt. I have not gotten anything done lately but soon I will be back on track. You are great inspiration!

Maddie Can Fly said...

LOVE THIS! I'm a big alien fan and have been jealous of all the neat alien fabric you have found. I'm glad I got to see the completed quilt.

quiltpixie said...

thanks for the inspiration to get back to my wonky houses, which have been gathering dust as a UFO for a while...

ForestJane said...

I could see this hanging in either a classroom OR my library... :)

It'd be a good story starter in an elementary classroom - Space for Rent? Which house would YOU pick to live in?

Or as a banner to brighten the children's area. Space for Rent? Fill your space with our books!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh your space for rent is so cute! I just love your maverickness!

Carmen said...

This quilt is amazing! I love it!!